Saturday, June 26, 2010

The first blog.

I feel like this should be some epic explanation of my life or something like that, but I can assure you it's not anything worth reading. However, I do like to journal about things going on in my life, so I guess this may be like an e-journal or something amazing like that.

My life is definitely not anything worth bragging on, but I do feel like over the past few months that I have made a complete transition from where I was and where I am now. I actually got my blog name, "Unpredictable" from a Francesca Battistelli song that I just absolutely love. In the chorus it says, "When I know that I know what you have down the road, when I'm sure that I've figured you out - help me see that I'm small, that I can't know it all, because you're so unpredictable." When I first started looking at colleges I prayed for God to show me the right place for me. And at the time, I didn't really understand why Tech didn't offer that amazing vibe that I thought it should, and now that this first year of college is over I now completely understand that God had a plan for my year that I haven't been able to fully comprehend, and truthfully probably never will be able to. Everything at ETSU seemed to lay out perfectly for my future, and I wasn't even really sure of what God had in store for me. Once it got closer to time for me to move away I grew very nervous, and probably would have changed my mind about schools on move in day. I was a nervous wreck, and feared very much that I would be homesick. Thankfully, I adjusted very well at my new home.

Once fall break finally rolled around, I was SO excited to go home and see all my friends/church family/family that I missed terribly. But, I would soon find out that life as I knew it would shatter quicker than a blink of an eye. A majority of the friendships I had worked on for the last 3 years of my life would be destroyed. A group of people that I considered to be my major support group, were no longer the people I could go to for help, motivation, and prayer. God showed me a whole lot through this time, and I soon realized that I had built a lot of these friendships on sand, and these friendships needed to be torn down for a long time. Now that this chapter in my life is over I realize I probably wouldn't have realized it for a long time if he hadn't used such a faith shattering experience to demolish these people from my life.

While my heart was fully broken, and a major trust factor was broken in my life of people all around me. God provided me with the right emotions at all the right times. He used this to show me tons of things I was doing wrong in my life, and at the top was the fact that I put my trust in people WAY more than I should. And more importantly, didn't put my trust in him at all.

So, while most of my friends from school are in awesome places for the summer I am here in Monterey, TN. I may not fully understand what God's plan is for my summer, but I do know it will be revealed - and slowly it is. I don't know why God didn't give me the heart to serve in awesome places all over the world this summer. Honestly, I had a hard time understanding that a few weeks ago. All I wanted to do was sulk in my own pool of pity, and wanted to be out doing awesome missions around the world. God put me in my place, very fast. I keep reminding myself that I prayed very hard about it, and I know God is doing awesome things in me this summer - even in Monterey. The other day in my quiet time God showed me Psalm 37:6. "He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." So, while I may not know what the plan is, it will shine like the beautiful sun someday.

So, now that that is behind me. I will tell you all what I've done thus far in my summer. Lots of lake, friends, and church time. :) I love it, and wouldn't have it any other way this summer. My favorite week of the whole year has already come and passed. VBS! :) I do believe I have some odd obsession with Vacation Bible School. I was a teacher for the 4th grade class, and those kids will keep you busy. Sadly, I had to miss two nights because of my awesome job at Food Lion (thanks to Jeremy Flatt). But - I still had a very humbling week at Saddle Ridge Ranch. We had 6 kids come to know Jesus this week, which makes me a very happy lady. Also, 3 kids who got saved last year made the decision to get baptized within the next couple of weeks, I couldn't be more thrilled.

About the lake. We have had lots of fun memories so far and it's only June 27th (WOW, it's almost July, WEIRD!) However, so much lake time does result in no family beach trip this summer - which makes me extremely sad, but I've had fun doing the whole lake business again. A couple of weeks ago some of my friends (Amber and Jessica) came with me, and we had a blast. Jessica was kinda iffy about the whole tubing thing at first, and actually didn't even want to at the beginning of the day. By the end of the day, she was having more fun than anyone on the whole lake. :) Can't wait to go back with the two of them. Unfortunately, it won't be 'til August. Amber is working Kanakuk this summer in Missouri for 6 weeks, and I can't wait to hear what God does through her this summer.

So, I guess that completes my first blog (or story book). If you made it this far without falling asleep - thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment